Volkswagen AG publishes preliminary key figures for the first quarter 2022
The ongoing war in Ukraine is having a significant impact on exchange rates and price developments on the commodity markets. In addition, the first effects on supply chains can be seen. Volkswagen AG is also affected by these impacts.
Based on preliminary figures, the Volkswagen Group expects 1Q2022:
- An operating profit before special items of around 8.5 billion Euros and an operating return on sales of around 13.5%. In addition to a robust operating performance, positive fair value measurements on hedging instruments outside hedge accounting have a significant impact on earnings totaling 3.5 billion Euro. A large part of these valuation effects is attributable to commodity hedges and is not cash-effective.
- The net cash flow of the Automotive Division is around 1.5 billion Euros. Burdens on working capital from seasonally increased inventories are offset by only a small increase in liabilities which is production related.
- Net liquidity in the Automotive Division amounts to around 31 billion Euros and includes the repayment of a hybrid bond for 1.1 billion Euros in March 2022 and the new hybrid bonds issued in the same month for 2.25 billion Euros.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen shareholders formally approve actions of Board of Management (17.05.2022 15:46)
- Volkswagen improves cost efficiency and economic efficiency in a tough environment (06.05.2022 13:33)
- Volkswagen Group - bolsters expansion in global growth markets after strong Q1 results (06.05.2022 13:31)
- Volkswagen Delivers on NEW AUTO Strategy, Laying Basis for 2022 (18.03.2022 14:55)
- Volkswagen Group achieves solid results in 2021 (18.03.2022 14:53)