Volkswagen Financial Services report stable contract portfolio
- Half-year operating result totals EUR 1.16 billion (− 9.8 percent)
- Current portfolio grows to over 21.3 million contracts (+ 1.8 percent)
- New contracts during first half-year amount to 3.4 million (− 17.4 percent)
Under the conditions imposed by the global COVID-19 pandemic, Volkswagen Financial Services achieved an operating result of EUR 1.16 billion during the first six months of 2020 (previous year: EUR 1.28 billion; minus 9.8 percent). While the portfolio of current contracts had increased by the end of June this year compared to the respective point in time last year to reach more than 21.3 million units (plus 1.8 percent), the number of new contracts acquired in the first half-year declined year-on-year to 3.4 million units (minus 17.4 percent). "As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to accept a substantial drop in new contracts during the first half of the year. In addition, the operating result is adversely impacted by higher risk costs for credit and residual value risks, which are affecting the entire portfolio," says Frank Fiedler, CFO of Volkswagen Financial Services AG.
RM-SYSTÉM, česká burza cenných papírů a.s.
- Volkswagen - Annual Media, Analyst and Investor Conference 2021 (18.03.2021 16:00)
- Volkswagen Group - Annual Report & Full Year Results 2020 (16.03.2021 13:28)
- Volkswagen Group - Volkswagen Group strengthens market position in 2020 (13.01.2021 12:11)
- Volkswagen Group - positions and reorganisation of Group Board (16.12.2020 14:35)
- Volkswagen Group recovers from Covid-19 slump in third quarter and confirms outlook (03.11.2020 16:43)